Wednesday, June 9, 2010

..ME AND SATAY..

When season change especially when spring start..most of Japanese will celebrate it with hanami..hanami is where most of Japanese had their picnic or bbq under Sakura tree..it is the Japanese traditional custom of enjoying the beauty of flowers, "flower" in this case almost always meaning cherry blossom (sakura)..this year is my first hanami in Japan because last year I came and sakura already finished..so..for this hanami I have to prepare food for bbq.. It is hard to live in other country without any knowledge in cooking..like myself..i’m a bad cook..tapi kena belajar for my husband tummy…hihi..for this bbq I made SATAY!!!!!..my mom recipe..rasa ok la jugak..habis la yang penting..:P..so I want to share this recipe for those who live in other country than Malaysia (Kalau kat Malaysia order je…byk kat Kajang..) and for pregnant mom craving for SATAY

Ingredients
500gm boneless chicken (potong kecik2)
1 Onion
3 cloves of garlics
1 inches of ginger
2 inches of lengkuas
2 stalks of lemon grass
1 teaspoon of tumeric powder
1 teaspoon of tamarind paste
1/2 teaspoon of salts
3 teaspoon of sugar
4 teaspoon of brown sugar

Blend onion, garlic, ginger, lengkuas, lemon grass and tumeric powder…put all ingredients inside bowl and marinade it for one day (put inside fridge).. slide the pieces of chicken onto the wooden skewers..and grill it until cooked (be sure to soak your wooden satay sticks in water before skewering)..anddddd…..
.
.
.
.
.
.
Tadaaaaa…
Enjoy your delicious SATAY!!and for kuah kacang I got it from my mama in law…instant..hihi..no recipe for kuah kacang..:P

My BBQ pics in Sendai
me and Hanis
me and hubby

BBQ under bridge
hubby with adik adik Sendai..:P

3 comments:

Hanis MY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hanis MY said...

ntah cemana leh terdelete huhu.. satay iryd yg best! masih segar dlm ingatan kejuicyan and kesodapan satay tu thanks for the wonderful satay my dear...

Iryd and Pitt's little diary said...

hehe..thanks hanis..biler la senior citizen nk wat bbq ni..:P

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails