Saturday, June 19, 2010

...COOKING LESSON: HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CURRY???...

Don’t be surprised….I’m not a good cook but I taught my friend Carrie how to make chicken curry today..thank god she and her husband David like it..and we make some paratha..just instant one..I never make curry before I married…I never knew how to cook either..but if you have husband..you have to learn!!!!.. curry is one of my husband favourite meal..so in order to satisfy his tummy I learn how to make curry with my mom in law..at first..I thought that making curry is the hardest thing on earth..but if you always making it..it is not that hard..you guys want the recipe??? Here it is..

Ingredients:

3 chicken legs with bone
2 potatos
1 1/2 onion
1 inch ginger
2 spoon blended chilli
2 1/2 spoon curry powder
1 cinnamon
1 star anise
Oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup of coconut milk/ condense milk
1/2 teaspoon of tamarind paste
5 curry leaves (optional)
1 teaspoon of Mixed spices (optional)

First..you have to cut the chicken and put it inside bowl..blend 1 onion, ginger and curry powder…put all the blend ingredient and blended chilli together with the chicken..and keep it for 5 minutes…pour some oil inside pan and fried the cinnamon and star anise..after that put the chicken with all blended stuff inside the pan and put 1 cup of water to make the chicken cook well..put the potatos at the same time..after the chicken cook a bit..put coconut milk or condense milk and also tamarind paste..put sugar and salt too..make them cook for about 15 to 20 minutes..off the fire and put the curry on side….slice the another 1/2 onion you have and fried it with mixed spices and curry leaves..till the onion brown..put all the fried ingredients with the curry that you already cooked and mix them well..AND READY TO EAT!..you can have it with paratha, rice or any bread..BON APPETIT!!!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails