Tuesday, October 26, 2010

..FINAL STEP~~ TOUTIERE RECIPE..

..FRENCH MEAT PIE..
we are entering the final step of making Toutiere..the actual ingredient of making this pie is using pork..but I can't eat pork so I replace it with chicken..I don't know the real taste of Toutiere..but the Toutiere that I made is delicious (I think so..is it B?) ..my first pie!...so here's the recipe ladies..

Ingredients
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork (I use chicken)
1 cup mashed potatoes(recipe on previous post)
2 tsp ground all spice ( I use basil)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 pastry for double crust pie (9 inches) (recipe on previous post)
1 egg beaten 

Method
In a skillet, heat oil over medium..saute onion until tender..remove and set aside..brown beef and chicken together..Drain..combine onion,melt,potatoes and seasonings..line pie plate with pastry..fill with meat mixture..top with crust..I made lattice top for my pie..
seal and flute edges..make slits in top crust..brush with egg if desired..bake at 375F or 190 degree for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown..
this is my Toutiere before I baked it..oishii so!

BON APPETIT!

bye for now from LOVE KITCHEN

2 comments:

Hanis MY said...

fuhh hebatnyaa iryd, bawa la g nyonya day nanti hehe lari sket jadi nyonya plus spanish...

Iryd and Pitt's little diary said...

haha..nyonya day bw benda lain..tak sabar nk pi nyonya day..hehe..:P

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails