Tuesday, October 26, 2010

..STEP 2~~ MASHED POTATOES RECIPE..

..GET A RECIPE OF PERFECT MASHED POTATO HERE!..

I thought making mashed potatoes is just boil the potatoes with water and mash it..and its done!..nope..I was wrong...I google so many recipes of mashed potatoes and I found the perfect one..It is so delicious..quite unhealthy I guess..but who cares?? just once a month its okay..*lol*..so the next step of making Toutiere is making mashed potatoes..Here's the recipe..

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quatered lenght wise( I used 2 medium size of potatoes)
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp heavy cream (I don't know what is heavy cream so I replaced it with whipped cream)
2 tbsp butter
1tbsp milk
salt and pepper

Method
Put potatoes into a saucepan..add 1/2 tsp salt..add water until potatoes are covered..bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes, or until done( a fork can easily be poked through them)

warm cream and melt butter together, either in microwave or in a pan on the stove..
drain water from potatoes..put hot potatoes into a bowl..add cream and melted butter..use potato masher to mash potatoes until well mashed(I don't have potato masher so I just use mortar)..use a strong spoon to beat further, adding milk to achieve the consistency you desire( do not over beat or your potatoes will get gluey)..salt and pepper to taste..

final step of making Toutiere will be posted on the next post..BON APPETIT!

2 comments:

man yusoef said...

selalu gagal untuk buat cravy mashedpotato......asyik xsedap je!!...haha..tapi makan mashed je pon dah ok sgt2...hehe

Iryd and Pitt's little diary said...

tryla resipi ni..harap2 menepati selera..hihi..:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails